Sunday, November 20, 2011

Wooo Weeee Exhausted!

I took a much needed break from blogging because I have been crazy busy settling into my new therapy routine!  Here's the good news (and a hint at my road ahead).  I am being treated by the team at Integrative Pet Care and had my initial consultation last week and my first therapy and exercise session.  I was SUCH a good girl as they tinkered with my legs, made me stretch, bend and do all sorts of silly yoga poses (including dog head down).

Those ladies that are caring for me are the bomb.  I fell in love with them (and the entire practice fell in love with me -- of course!)  I got to go back yesterday for another therapy session in which we work mostly on my back legs.

They said that I don't have any flexibility in these hammy legs at all.  So the most important thing is going to be to get me pairs of custom orthotics to help me stand in the right position.  I also now have a very rigorous exercise plan which includes the Bully Boardwalk, the belly roll and lots and lots of wrapping and stretching of my back legs.

My foster mom said she would post pictures of me doing all of my therapy poses so you could see how intensive it is.  

Even though it's lots of work...I love it because it means I get rubs, pets, kisses and attention.  Let's hope this helps get me on my feet!  Check out how much I love my foster brother Meaty.  And my cool Hello Kitty hobbles!

More later.

Adele

3 comments:

  1. Can't say or think enough about you people who put so much care into seeing that these bullies live a good life. I will continue to support your efforts for as long as I live.

    And, as soon as we get more space, we hope to adopt at least one from you.

    Warmest regards,
    Pat (San Francisco)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How touching. I am a pet lover, with a special fascination for Bullies, Mastiffs, and Frenchie's. God bless this baby girl pup. I wish I could help, but I am majorly broke. I hope she finds lots of love and gentleness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope u find a loving home that will love and care for u because u deserve it after all u have been through in ur life even though u r so young.
    No 2 bulldogs r the same and u r very unique in ur own special little way. Just by looking at ur picture u just made day a little brighter. Thanks have a great holiday Adele stay warm.
    From ur fan and fellow bulldog lover.

    ReplyDelete