Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Amazing Staff at Home Depot on Kimball/Addison Help Me On My Journey!

When you are this cute the most amazing things seem to happen!  Right after I arrived on Friday my foster mom learned that I would need a “chute” or walking passage to help me learn to use my front and back legs properly.  She set off with measurements and ideas and headed to the local Home Depot to buy the supplies to make what she now calls the “Bully Boardwalk,” my therapy chute.

She picked up the 2 x 8s in the lumber section and realized that I might get a splinter if I rubbed up against the wood.  So she decided to head over to flooring to see if there was some sort of covering that could wrap around the wood to make a safe passage for me.  She asked several employees for suggestions and they immediately jumped in to help.  When they found out what she was making they did the most amazing thing – they offered to build the Bully Boardwalk for me!  Porzia, the store manager, asked several wonderful Home Depot staffers named Sergio and Belinda to pull all of the necessary supplies and put their master craftsmanship to work.  They hadn’t even met me but they saw pictures of me on my foster mom’s phone and knew they had to help.  They fell in love with this sweet face.  Who could blame them?

Sergio my hero!
They told my foster mom to come back a few hours later and that it would be all finished.  She was so grateful she was crying.  They were so kind to her and to my struggles.

As a surprise she brought me to the store with her when she went to pick up the Boardwalk.  What happened couldn’t have been more magical!  She and I got to meet all of the kind employees who helped make my therapy tunnel with so much TLC.  They got to hold me and love me and my first steps in the Bully Boardwalk were successful!  I walked with the help of my foster mom.  I showed them it worked!

The built me the most beautiful therapy tool.  It has smooth rubber sides that have grips to help me anchor myself.  The carpet lining on the bottom is nubby so that I can get a good foothold.  It is adjustable so that when I grow, it can grow with me.  It is nothing short of perfect.   

They were so generous that they donated the entire project including supplies to CEBR!  And to top it off when the Bully Boardwalk didn’t quite fit in my foster mom’s car, they offered a Home Depot truck to drive it home!  So Sergio hand delivered his beautiful creation.  Thanks to Porzia, Sergio and Belinda I am going to walk.  I just know it.

If you are in the area, please be sure to stop in the Home Depot at 3500 N Kimball Ave and say thank you to their amazing team.  Or better yet, drop a line to the paper or Home Depot management telling them that their kind hearted employees have made a huge difference in my life and the lives of CEBR rescues.

THANK YOU HOME DEPOT!  I can’t wait to see you all again.  I plan to walk in next time!

XOXOXO

Adele


2 comments:

  1. I cried happy tears as I read this story. What wonderful people at Home Depot! I wish Adele nothing but the best...she is one lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! What wonderful people at Home Depot and of course at CEBR!

    ReplyDelete