Monday, March 12, 2012

I'm Not Alone. I Met Fellow Humans With Spina Bifida

So many of you know that I was born with a condition called spina bifida.  Dogs and humans can both have this disease in various degrees.  Mine is what caused me to not walk as a young pup.  I have limited neurological function in my back legs (they are just weak and not terribly reactive) which made it hard for me to learn to stand.  But my front legs are strong and sturdy and do the job for all 4!
















I was tickled that I made friends recently at the IKC show.  They came over to see me and to share with me that they also have spina bifida!  We bonded immediately.  It was good to know I'm not along.  I think I made them smile too.  I just wanted to let them know how happy I was to meet them. 

--Adele

No comments:

Post a Comment